nVIDIA ForceWare software unleashes the full power and features in nVIDIA's desktop, gaming, platform, workstation, laptop, multimedia, and mobile products. Delivering a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications, ForceWare software ensures the best experience with your nVIDIA hardware.
• Incredible 3D and video performance for all of your applications. • Rock-solid system stability, greater compatibility, and reliability with nVIDIA® Unified Driver Architecture (UDA).
• Industry-leading features for graphics, audio, video, communications, storage, and security.
• Robust product support for over ten unique operating systems. • Continual product performance and feature updates for the life of your nVIDIA hardware.
NVIDIA has released the following WHQL certified drivers for use with Windows Vista RTM that will enable you to test the basic features and capabilities of the new operating system. NVIDIA is committed to supporting Microsoft Windows Vista on current and previous GPU generations. It's important to us that you have an excellent experience through the Vista transition, and driver development is the highest priority in our company.
New in Version 178.24:
* Adds support for newly-released GeForce 9-series motherboard GPUs. * Includes several application compatibility fixes. Please read the release documentation for more details.
Release 178 Highlights:
* WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6-series, 7-series, 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs.
* Adds support for GeForce 9800 GTX+, 9800 GT, 9500 GT and 9400 GT GPUs.
* Adds support for NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory (this driver package installs NVIDIA PhysX System Software v8.09.04).
* Experience GPU PhysX acceleration in several full games and demos today by downloading the GeForce Power Pack.
* Adds support for 2-way and 3-way NVIDIA SLI technology with GeForce GTX 200-series GPUs on Intel® D5400XS motherboards.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI™ technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way and Quad SLI technology.
* Supports CUDA™.
* Supports NVIDIA GeForce 3D Stereo Technology.
* Supports Folding@home distributing computing application. Download the high performance client for NVIDIA GPUs here and join the NVIDIA team: #131015. * Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software. * Includes several 3D application performance improvements. The following are examples of improvements measured with v178.24 WHQL versus v175.19 WHQL driver:
o Single GPU increases up to 11% in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
o Single GPU increases up to 11% in Assassin's Creed DX10
o Single GPU increases up to 15% in Bioshock DX10
o Single GPU increases up to 15% in Call of Duty 4
o Single GPU increases up to 8% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
o 2-way SLI increases up to 7% in Bioshock DX10
o 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts DX10
o 2-way SLI increases up to 12% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
o 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in World in Conflict DX10 * Includes numerous 3D application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.